This Chicken and Corn Chowder Mexican style is very delicious. It's simple of prepare and its zippy flavor is full of North American Southwestern flair.
PREP TIME: 30m
INGREDIENTS:· 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
· 1/2 cup chopped onion
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 cup hot water
· 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
· 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 2 cups half-and-half cream
· 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
· 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
· 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
· 1/4 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
· 1 medium tomato, chopped
· Minced fresh cilantro, optional
PREPARATION:1. In a Dutch oven, brown chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the water, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the cream, cheese, corn, chilies and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted; add tomato. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Serve with fresh homemade bread or croutons. Original Recipe by: Taste of Home