This recipe of grilled pork chops has a real southern Tex-Mex taste. Is a classic really cool, is simple and easy. Is ideal for Sunday grill time.
PREP TIME: 30m + Marinate
INGREDIENTS:· 1/4 cup grain salt
· 1/4 cup sugar
· 2 cups water
· 2 cups ice water
· 4 bone-in pork center-cut rib chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
· 2 tablespoons canola oil BASIC RUB:
· 3 tablespoons paprika
· 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin and ground mustard
· 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
PREPARATION:1. In a large saucepan, combine salt, sugar and 2 cups water; cook and stir over medium heat until salt and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat. Add 2 cups ice water to cool brine to room temperature.
2. Place pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag; add cooled brine. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible; turn to coat chops. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate 8-12 hours.
3. Remove chops from brine; rinse and pat dry. Discard brine. Brush both sides of chops with oil. In a small bowl, mix rub ingredients; rub over pork chops. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
4. Grill chops on an oiled rack, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
For Smoky Pork Rub: Prepare rub as directed, using smoked paprika in place of regular paprika. For Spicy Pork Rub: Add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to rub mixture. For Sweet Pork Rub: Add 3 tablespoons brown sugar to rub mixture.
Serve with grilled potatoes and garden salad.
Original Recipe by: Taste of Home