|· JERK PORK TENDERLOIN ·|
PREP TIME: 45m
PREPARATION:Jerk Pork Tenderloin
1. In a spice grinder, mix black peppercorns, allspice, coriander seeds, and cloves until finely ground.
2. In a food processor mix olive oil, ginger, scallions, garlic, and thyme, scotch bonnet pepper, brown sugar, soy sauce, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add spice mixture and blend until mixture resembles a thick paste
3. Rub pork with jerk paste, making to sure to cover completely. Let marinate 1-2 hours at room temperature, or refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat outdoor grill and lightly oil. Season pork with salt
5. Grill pork tenderloin on open BBQ, rotating frequently until lightly charred and cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Chayote Black Beans
1. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté gently.
2. Add chayote and bay leaf and cook slowly, over medium heat 5-8 minutes, or until slightly softened.
3. Add black beans and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
1. In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients. Season to taste with salt.
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Place sliced plantains in oil and fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
3. Drain on paper towel.